Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Questions for God Book



When I was having my stem cell transplantation in 2007, the idea for this book came to me. As you might imagine, I had lots of questions for God. The odd thing is, I never felt the need to pray for healing of cancer. I did pray an affirming prayer that “God loves me and has a plan for my life.” God tells Jeremiah: I know what I am doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I’ll listen. When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. I did pray a thanksgiving prayer for all the medical research that was being done for this “incurable” disease. I was also including my family and friends who were praying for my strength to get me through this fifteen day ordeal.

This is probably the most rewarding book that I have had the pleasure working on with writer friends. They have beared their souls in their own journeys. As it has turned out, this book may become a potential tool for small groups.

After finishing this tenth book, I have realized that I have completed over a thousand drawings and I am running out of storage space. The plan was to have the book available in December 2009 but with cancer reoccurring in my leg, radiation, a fall and a break, and a hip replacement, the publishing date was pushed back to this September.

My oncologist has suggested that I should have another stem transplantation soon as the myeloma is on the rise. My prayer is that the neuropathy that I am feeling in my left hand doesn’t effect my right hand. But I must remember that as a follower of Christ, God has a plan for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment