Tuesday, October 12, 2010

An “Angel” at My Door

An “angel” appeared at my hospital door today (October 8, 2010). I was having a four day stay with six rounds of chemo at the Indiana University Hospital in Indianapolis. I was trying to keep my spirits up while poison was pumping into my body. The sound of a small knock came from my door and a face appeared and asked if I liked music. “Oh yes!” I said. At first I didn’t see that she was carrying an instrument. I was thinking that she was bringing me CDs. She made her way to the guest chair with a Casio keyboard. She asked what type of music I prefered. After hearing some titles, we settled on Simon & Garfunkel’s, “Bridge Over Trouble Water.” Also music from Chicago, and others. When she started singing, all my troubles seem to drift away. She ended with “How Great Thou Art.” For those thirty minutes, my spirit was lifted to a new level.

Thank you Shu-ting Yang.

PS  On November 3, I will begin the same treatment. I sure hope Shu-ting will show up again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment