Tuesday, October 12, 2010

No Pearly Gates or Golden Streets for Me

Last night (September 29, 2010) Avis and I returned from two reunions in Alabama. Five years ago my brother and I were in route to one of the family reunions and out of the blue Edwin started talking about heaven. This was about a month before he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He believed that heaven was a certain place. I have given his ideas much thought and although it isn’t an original idea, my thinking has take a different direction. I really don’t believe that there will be golden streets. I believe God will have a different way of communication. A kind of super-spiritual awareness that is way beyond my imagination. I do believe that I wll have the knowledge to recognize family, friends, and the Almighty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment